Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day 3


Road Trip Epiphanies...

by Elisheva Offenbacher on Saturday, November 13, 2010 at 1:34am

1.) Having a bad accommodations experience at the beginning of one's journey does NOT decrease one's odds at having another one, 18 hours later.

2.) Going 95mph on a long, flat, dark road is F. U. N.

3.) Going 95mph down a long, twisty-turny road is SCARY...until you finish the stretch and realise what you've survived. Then you want to do it again.

4.) There are no Highway Patrolmen in the South that actually patrol the highway. I've seen their cruisers...pulling out of Starbucks, Fatburger and occassionally on random city streets; but have yet to see one ACTUALLY on a highway since I left Southern Oregon.

5.) A distinct lack of polizia on the 40 coming from Vegas encourages speeding, and dare I say the population does a better job of policing itself? There is a very polite, and FOLLOWED system of passing/speeding etiquette that allows for pleasant, and pleasantly FAST cruising. All while not pissing off the guy behind, beside or in front of you.

6.) Sedona is best viewed during the day. Trying to experience it at night is maddening. No, really, it pissed me off.

7.) I clearly have an absolutely worthless concept of time because I am 2 days late arriving at my destination.

8.) I don't really enjoy road trips.

9.) Vegas was designed by 5 year olds just figuring out how to group units of the same together. Restaurants? How about we put those in the South area of the city? Hotels? Strip. Cheap motels? FARRRRRRRRRRRRR, far away near the freeway and on the opposite side of town as every eatery. There is no logic to it; there is construction all over, turning main thoroughfare into one lane stretches of vehicles and though I can see it was someone's intention to make Vegas fun for all...to me it will always remain a clusterf*ck worth staying far, far away from.

10.) Like camping, road trips are an offensive assault to my sensitive constitution. I didn't mind driving in, now someone, please helicopter me out.

I'll try to write something meaningful tomorrow. I am two days behind. But, I'm also sick. And I don't handle regular people sick so well. Cheers and love to all back "home".

No comments:

Post a Comment